CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I just have to say, it's refreshing to see one of these career advice threads that starts with "I Need Career Advice" as opposed to "GIVE me career advice" and is posted by someone who is legitimately interested in learning and growing as opposed to the typical "Yo! Who dat wanna gibe me a job yo. I'm smrt AF an gunna blow up fast so yall best hir my shit now b4 you regert not hirin me yo. I'll take no less that $250k and i dont wanna work mor dan 20 hours a week."
It really is crazy, and I see both sides. Many college grads start out with MOUNTAINS of debt, and colleges have brainwashed them into thinking they paid so much for their degree that they can expect a high paying job as soon as they graduate, which just isn't reality. I know my company starts entry level IT technicians @ $35k a year, which is a little over $16/hour. In many cases our beginning technicians have college experience (2 or 4 year degree) or some training certs from a tech school. If you are the typical college grad with a huge amount of debt, rent, and a car payment that doesn't allow for much wiggle room.

Expressing that you are willing to learn, put in the work, and grow with the company goes a long way over telling an interview panel how experienced you are (you aren't) and what you will do to change things.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615333.00
MKSixer34184.50