View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
downforce is one thing....but having a crane on the tarmac isn't helping either....might as well finish the construction, then pave the road.....
dead load on the concrete / I-beams truck got hefty load either....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_car

F1 cars weight approx. 1367 lbs minimum....even with fuel...probably no more than a civic....then you take a round number (x2) or (x3) for the load generated by the downforce....so...take 5000 lbs??? F1 cars got good downforce...but not destructive force to the tarmac....
otherwise will be godzilla rolling around.....

anywayz....i'm sure their construction manager figure this all out and FIA has a strict rule of how thick the tarmac and strength of it should be.....also trucks moving equipments for the teams will be rolling on the track too....
Of course the course was built to handle it, I never said it wasn't, I was simply correcting your erroneous statement that f1 cars are "light" and therefor pose no threat to harming the course, when it's the opposite.

I don't think you understand the physics we're talking about, you can't corner and brake with the gforces f1 cars do without putting huge load on the asphalt, far more than any other vehicle in terms of pulling it up.

It's probably not going to happen, but if it was, it would happen under an f1 car.