View Single Post
      04-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #4097
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Yeah.....not like me. In a way I guess I felt like I needed to say something but....I dunno. I have no words. We all do dumb things on occasion I suppose. She isn't upset with me and that's my main concern. Pretty frustrated with myself that I even thought enough about it to even make the effort to send a message.
You know, this is very interesting, watching this unfold, with my bucket of licorice (I don't like popcorn).

It really doesn't matter much what us guys think about the matter, so let's deal with only what the female posters have said.

Now, we all know Lups is basically a male, so she doesn't count even though she hasn't replied, and doing the opposite of whatever she recommends is actually usually a pretty good course of action to take in life.

Therefore, we have basically 100% of the females that normally post on here being very strongly in the camp of "You shouldn't have done that". Which suggests they would have been offended had they been in your gf's shoes.

We have, as an opposing viewpoint, your gf, who appears to be happy with what you've done, or at the very least, not upset at all with you. Which is completely contradictory to our female contingent's feelings on the matter.

Now, it seems to me either one of two things is happening here:

1. Despite her words to the contrary, she is a little miffed at you, and you will soon find this out. The next argument should bring this to light if it is going to come up.

2. Because she was originally a little insecure about the relationship and how you feel about her, she takes your actions as positive, as it reinforces you care. Which would then mean that you were right to intervene. Which also means that depending on the woman, you could be right to intervene or you could be wrong.

Which all just boils down to women being fickle creatures and you don't have a hope of understanding them, so love them anyway and do what you were going to do because you have a 50% shot at getting it right anyways. And at least you'll be temporarily happy with yourself while you are doing what you wanted to do.

Time is a great teacher.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
bimmette6453.50