View Single Post
      08-12-2015, 07:24 AM   #104
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

CSU87, since you assert that you are not an expert, and I am a CPA, why don't you merely accept that someone who is an accountant might actually know more about the applicability of the term than do you? I can promise you that you will not find one credible source that will cite depreciation as being calculated as you showed, which is to say, as the difference between purchase price and selling price. Not one!

I don't care what definition you can lift from Google. I will repeat myself: "I bid you find any authoritative writer who describes what depreciation is and how to calculate it and you'll find that what they are writing about is the accounting application of the term. The definition of deprecation you provided isn't wrong by any means."

Earlier you thought I was accusing you of being wrong and I told you I wasn't. You clarified what you mean by your use of "depreciation," and now knowing how you mean it, I am saying you are wrong. Had you been correct about how to calculate depreciation, or what concepts are embodied by that term, I would not refute you. But the fact is you are wrong.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 08-12-2015 at 07:30 AM..
Appreciate 0