View Single Post
      08-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #96
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

What did I write that gave you cause to go on the defensive? Most of what I wrote expressed my own approach and view point about leasing vs. buying an exotic car. I didn't say you were wrong at all. That's you thinking I did. I wonder why you invented that thought all on your own?

I didn't try to prove you wrong other than to clarify the use of the term depreciation, which is a judgmentally determined thing and one that's determined by an owner of a depreciable asset, not the lessor or lessee of an inventory asset. Many things have changed in the 30 years I've been an accountant, but the concept of depreciation and what it is is not among them. I don't care what "loosey goosey" definition you come by for the term, what happens to the market value of a car over time is not depreciation. It's a decline in market value, not a decline in the net asset cost/value of depreciable items recorded in anyone's books of record.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 08-11-2015 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0