04-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #27
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post

BTW, if I'm on the noise on my bike you'll certainly hear it coming up behind you
No, unfortunately you can't. Between the blood thundering through your ears, the sound of your breathing and the sound of the tires rolling on the pavement; a cyclist can't here a motorcycle until it's too late. They zip by us out in the hills (same place i used to ride my sport bikes) and by the time you hear something and turn your head, they are passing you.

If they are going slow, you can hear them with enough time to turn around and see them before they pass you. Can always here the Harleys, but almost never the sport bikes.

It's the sport bikes that freak us out the most because it's noting going on, no one behind you, then loud as hell and you can feel the air pressure push and pull on you as they pass. They aren't doing it to be dicks, they're just out riding, as i was. But it kind of makes me feel bad about being oblivious of the same thing years ago on my RC51.