View Single Post
      08-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
Its been my observation that cars get beat to hell on a college campus. There's also an envy factor involved/to be respected, that manifests itself when that poor asshole who parks next to you thoroughly enjoys dinging up your nice car with the door of his Chevette every chance he gets. Behavior like that is fueled out of jealousy and spite, and its been my experience that its too common. Especially today as generation Y grows up with a profound sense of narcissism and entitlement, and complete lack of respect for others.

In college in 2007? Then the wise choice for a college car for you is a 1996 Accord. Hold the fart can exhaust and rear wing please.

I don't know if you've ever owned a BMW, but I have had mine spat on, and thrash thrown on them more than thrice. There's a lot of sorry assness in the world today, which is why I'm really leaning toward a VW Eos with a VR6, to be low key and fly under the radar, especially as the wealth/class gap widens. Run silent run deep my friend.

Wolfman, I thought you were over that damn Eos....lol Its all good though.

Anyway, I can honestly say the 135i is waaay too much car for college. I got my s2k during my sophmore year of college at19yrs old. It was my first fast/expensive/convertible/reliable car. It was my first manual too(my first 2 cars were auto) I was known on campus as that dude. I went nuts. Young people tend to do stupid things in general...its normal, and we learn from them and have fun...hehe. I mean I drove it to hell, went 146mph on a lonely road, packed two girls into 1 seat,drifting,driving home from endless parties, etc. I mean stupid sh*t. I mean it couldnt be less appropriate of a car. I'm just fortunate I didnt hurt myself or anybody else and the car is in tip-top shape. I wouldnt want to risk it with my brand new BMW. Other people on campus were so fortunate. If anything, I'd look at the 128i. Then uprade when u graduate.