ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
If serious, record label and catchy verses. Post Malone broke ground with White Iverson, where he strategically curated the lyrics based on NBA culture without having any knowledge of current players just a few months prior to writing the song. He said himself that he doesn't even play basketball, but yet he somehow knew that Hip-Hop and basketball go together like peanut butter and jelly. So it was a matter of dropping a few household names like Iverson, Jordan, KD, Harden, and AD to get music listeners hooked to the song. The rest was history after that...

I recall being in LA at the time the song first got air play on Power 106, and it was pretty much an instant hit with people playing the song non-stop. No one even knew how he looked back then, but I guess that's the power of music. It lets you dress/look however way you want, and people seem to be willing to accept your image as long as you make good/decent music.
That's called marketing & then see my post above. People are mindless lemmings.
thats what people dont catch onto... its called marketing, some people are masters in that craft... quality or talent does not equate to anything if u r the king of marketing... the broad from dr phil has 12 mil instagram followers and made a song lol