10-25-2020, 12:05 PM   #3
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Maybe we can make this a discussion of the technology and progress towards self-driving and assisted-driving tech? Here is a link to a recent video of a driver using Tesla's "full self-driving" (FSD) beta. What do you think about it and the future of this tech/software?
My friend who is a huge tesla fanboi sent me this video. I have seen a million of these self driving tesla videos but have yet to see an actual FSD tesla even though Elon proclaims every year that it's coming that year. So I was not surprised that a whopping like 2 minutes into the video they had to intervene.

I think autopilot is amazing. It is the best adaptive cruise/lane keep assist on the market and I use it pretty much every time we go on a long drive. That being said I don't find it as impressive when you consider my $1k comma.ai device which runs off a pretty shitty smart phone can do almost everything autopilot does and IMO does many things better.

However unless I can take a nap in the back of the car I do not consider it FSD and I don't see that happening anytime soon regardless of what Elon may claim.
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER3353.50