View Single Post
      08-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #46
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster

I know there are some seriously die-hard watch guys on this forum so this will probably get plenty of chuckles, but I just bought a handful of Swatch watches while at the Mall of America waiting for my daughter to finish her back to school shopping. I love watches, but am way too frugal to pay what some people spend on them. To me, a $300 - $400 watch is nose bleed territory. I can easily afford it, but I think there are plenty of good looking watches under that price range, and the big brand (marketing) names don't do much for me.

Since I was killing time I stopped in the Swatch store and looked around. I was plesantly surprised at some of the nice looking watches they had. The several I purchased have a black "rubbery" band, although I don't think the casual observer would notice that it's a rubber band. And it looks like a nice band. The faces are nice, I can easily set the time (unlike my Citizen watches where I have to go to their website and have a Masters degree in mechanical engineering to change the time), they feel great, are nice and light weight, don't have the mega "pimped-out" face and I really love the look of them.

Average cost per watch?...something like $130. Of course my daughter dropped $1,000 on new school clothes, so we have to save money somewhere!
Appreciate 0