Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
The max torque the MT can handle dictates the max output of the engine. A slushbox can handle much more. It's not that they are toning down the engine just to screw their customers over that select a MT.
They could build one. They just choose not to.

Besides, plenty of tuned F8X 6MT cars are making more power than Comp G8Xs and are having no problem (for many years now).

Sorry, ain't buying it.
Apples to oranges. Modded cars come with accepted risks. A car manufacturer has to consider the longevity of their product. Could BMW do what enthusiasts here suggest? Sure! ….but with that comes more liability on their part. They are a business and their priority is mitigating the risks associated with their products.

Yes, plenty of modified cars do fine, but many have issues and the owners of modified cars aren't always honest, accountable vehicle owners who accept that their actions fucked things up. No, they try to circumvent responsibility and place it back on the manufacturer (…or repair the surface issues and trade the vehicle in or sell it, leaving the problem(s) for the next owner to deal with and without disclosure).

BMW, like every other manufacturer, offers a product that will reasonably present minimal mechanical and electrical issues should you leave the car in the state you purchased it. For the issues that arise, that's what the warranty is for. Altering the vehicle outside of manufacturer specifications is the risk modders accept. I think it's a good thing that some manufacturers flag vehicles with certain modifications. I am not anti-mod……not by a long shot, but I do believe it is fair to the next owner that such things are disclosed prior to purchasing (…just like prior collision damage).
Appreciate 3
NickyC17445.00
KoenG1428.50