Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Had another good experience today, this time with an MD via phone consult regarding my recent labs. Great doc, convenient meeting format, she listened and made suggestions that made sense to me.

Telehealth, self directed and ordered lab work, and DIY at home diagnostic gadgets are a way I am comfortable dealing with a broken healthcare delivery system in the US.

Paul Krugman calls the US health system a “howling mess” and William Bernstein says the US has a failed welfare state. I agree with both comments and nevertheless need to extract value from the broken system to the best of my ability.
Wondering if this relates to your Cholesterol question and what insights you may have gained from your consultation.

I also had a recent "TeleMedicine" conference with my ENT, it was productive as a followup visit as he had already physically examined me, it won't replace that but beat a trip to the city just to ask how I'm feeling.

The medical system is beginning to creak and groan under the weight of metabolic syndrome/T2D, and it's not going to get any better any time soon.
Appreciate 1
chassis6490.00