06-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #20
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTempted View Post
Tip your service guy? I've never heard of that. I'm all for it... so do you just slip him a few bills after you pay for your service?
Yea, just hand him a $20 or leave him a 20 in the armrest of the loaner you are returning and tell him "theres something in the armrest for you". I assure you'll get a call saying thank you after you leave.

If I need service and give my guy a call, he will make every effort to get me a loaner the same day. They have a fleet of 328s and one 335. He knows I like the 335 so he will always try to get me that over a 328.

I give him a 20 every time I go in for service. It's no big deal but its a day or two of lunch for him. They remember these things.

Keep in mind, a lot of BMW owners are not like forum members or M drivers. They have a different outlook and usually give service reps shit when a light goes off on the dash. BMWs are high end cars and people have some retarded expectations becuase of that. As if nothings ever going to happen to it and if it does then "WTF, fix it!"

So these good gestures do go a long way with service reps.

Last edited by 3XTR3M3; 06-22-2011 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0