11-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #379
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddots View Post
If you shoot enough, you'll make your own.
Depends on how much money you have or how anal you are.

For me, it's always cheaper to buy them than make them because my time is more valuable than the investment of loading my own. Nor am i that anal. I shoot for tactical accuracy, not pin point accuracy. Even the cheapest ammo you can buy is tactical accurate.

If i were to spend my Saturdays at the 1000yd range shooting competition long distance, i'd likely make my own. But then it wouldn't be for the savings.

I have a buddy who loads his own and shoots in weekly matches at the WAC (video above) His set up does all processes with each pull of the lever which has increased his production by 5x. (used to be 5 lever pulls for each round, now after the first five pulls, each pull produces a round) But his cost, without his time factored in, is only a couple of pennies per round cheaper than what you can buy factory reloads for. But what he really loads for is to make the perfect round for his race guns. By fine tuning the rounds, putting just enough powder in to cycle the slide, he can get back on target quicker taking milliseconds off of his shooting times.