02-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #1197
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Im a anti safety, chambered concealer. I couldnt imagine trying to chamber under a lot of circumstances. Proactive although not a 100% defense, its one step ahead.

Right now im focused on maintaining target and a good shot. The ramge near me I can set a delay for flip, so ill do a 3 second delay and 2 second face time. Stay in ready position pointed down, and raise on target flip, that in itself is hard to hit a 10" circle or center like stationary for that matter.

Its fun but makes you realize how quick things happen and how slow a single reaction can be. To unholster and assess is not an insignificant or quick action to the untrained. Im terribly slow and not afraid to admit it.
Taking more time to chamber is but just one reason to carry with one in the pipe. But with enough training, one can make an argument against that singular reason. Almost ALL the other reasons however, have no argument.

Like you said, with enough situational awareness and a regimented travel schedule, etc... you can maintain a high probability of having an advantage without one in the chamber. But there are too many other reasons to carry with one in the chamber.

Keep practicing, you'll get faster and it'll become more natural while being more fun!