04-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #16
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post
To be honest, I do text and get on Facebook/Twitter while I'm driving, almost on a daily basis, but when I do, I hold my phone up next to the windshield and constantly switch my eyes back and forth between the road and the screen, so I'm not swerving or veering all over the road. Not an excuse, but still. And I'm definitely not on it for long, especially not multiple traffic lights. Just a bad habit of mine and a lot of people my age. Again, no excuses for it, just the way it is.
Dude, get the fuck off the phone in the car for fucks sake. Nothing is that important and it only takes a split second to ruin someones life. I really hope you get your head on straight. You think you're fine, but I can put money down that you're one of the people that don't see me at the last minute. Instead, I have to LOOK OUT FOR YOU? I have no fucking safety equipment, you have a full sized coupe, of course you'll end up on the better end of the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
I've been contemplating getting a bike for years, and every time I read something like the above it always puts me off the idea.
I wouldn't let it defer you, unless you are in heavy traffic areas constantly like M_Six noted. As many opportunities I've been in that were a sketchy, I'd be hard pressed to actually sell the bike. No feeling like riding.
Appreciate 0