01-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
Dani
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 Dude View Post
I stay quite calm when I'm driving, but certain things bother me a little such as when other drivers:
- Change lanes or make turns without using their turn signals
- Drive at night without turning on their headlights
- Use the horn and think that it will make traffic move faster
- Tailgate

How about you?
well drivers in Maryland are horrible so I can have quite a long list here (I am from the northeast abnd we drive very aggresively and know how to keep traffic moving).

now as far as changing lanes without turn signals I understand why people do that. here in Maryland when you put on your turn signal that is a sign for the driver in the lane you are trying to move to that they should speed up so you can't pull in front of them. then when you do get in front of them and they have to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting you they honk at you like it was your fault. so that is my issue number 1.

next - when there are five lanes on the highway and the speed limit is 65 and most of us want to do 85 or faster, the six people all doing 60 should not each pick a different lane so we have to weave in and out to maintain a reasonable speed.

last one (I could have a hundred of these) merging is supposed to be a zipper. my lane goes then your lane goes then my lane goes etc. stopping to let someone in when it is not their turn is not being nice; it takes longer for them to figure out that they can go than it would have to just go in the proper order. everyone in the lane that ends should not pick a random spot to come to a complete stop and wait for someone to let them in - drive to the end and merge - my lane, your lane, my lane.

if you can't tell I have a bit of a problem with stupid drivers.
Appreciate 0