View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #41
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Uh, and you know me? The correct response would have been that in your experience, this is BS. It is refreshing to see someone that isn't a materialistic give me kind of girl.

Have a good day.
That's what I'm talking about right there!!! OT is breaking you in nicely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Yep - I've been married for almost 7 years and we've been together for about 11. Never once has she ever been disappointed in any present or holiday celebration we have done together. She honestly appreciates that I simply cared enough to make an effort.

I dated quite a few other women before finding my wife and have to say that overall, with a very few exceptions, all the other women felt the same way. They didn't really care about a gift for Valentine's Day, Christmas, birthdays, whatever. It was simply the fact that I took time to either do something or get something that was important to them that mattered.

Apparently he is picking the wrong women to date.
This is kinda the reason I want to do a little something extra for her this year. Usually Valentines day consists of a card, maybe a small gift and some form of home cooked dinner. She doesn't get to take advantage of things in life that a lot of us on here take for granted. I took her to a Brazilian Steakhouse for her birthday in November and she was amazed. She had never eaten at high-end restaurant before. It's nice to be able to share things like this with someone who, not only doesn't expect it, but has never experienced it before and truly appreciates it. It's like watching a kid at an amusement park for the first time. I'm considering getting her a gift certificate for a mani/pedi for her and her daughter. Neither of them have ever had one before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Usually give a handwritten card with a poem, cook a candle lit dinner, and take her out to do something she wants to do like ice skating.

Probably explains why I'm single this year, I have to be more of an asshole.
Nonsense! This makes you a true gentleman. Being single has nothing to do with you not being an asshole, but has everything to do with the prospective females. A basketball coach once told me there is no such thing as a bad pass but there is a bad catch.....not sure I agree with that but maybe you get what I'm saying.....although it may miss the mark.....perhaps just a bad pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Herpes
Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year!

Last edited by King Rudi; 01-23-2019 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 4
Run Silent15127.00
cmyx6go15676.00