View Single Post
      12-21-2020, 03:00 AM   #236
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'm saying the USA broke all kinds of records for people claiming unemployment a few months ago, blew allrecords cean out the water. It makes ZERO sense that there is no knock on effect unless something is propping up the economy.

You're very smart people in here but i sense you're letting your ideology get int he way of your smarts, clearly, with that many people unemployed, there should be a huge knock on effect of lost jobs among professionals and there for a lack of demand for cinsumer goods.
Entry-level people which have lost their job where already hand-to-mouth, their situation has been financially stabilized thanks to the stimulus removing the edge of the unemployment (at least temporarily). They are not the one buying all sort of consumer goods and cars, but they were not before either. So their situation change has little effect on car demand.

On the other hand, people in mid-ladder and high-bracket jobs have a lot more 'available' disposable income because they stopped blowing money on restaurants and gym clubs. Now they blow that same money on cars and 'entertainement' goods, like bicycles and camping gear, which are sold out pretty much everywhere.
Appreciate 0