M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Theory makes so great slacks and some other articles of clothing, but their suits always left a little to be desired... Something with the arms where they never quite seem to do right... It has to be the material...

As for designer suits - $1300 price range IMO, is mostly just markups and paying more for a cheap suit because of name brand... Someone mentioned Hugo Boss and that's a crap shoot... You've got Hugo, Hugo Boss, green, orange, red, black label etc... I liken it to comparing a 320, 330, 340 and a M3... Even the low end their price points are way too high... To me, Kiton, Brioni, Tom Ford - those are designer suits... Even Prada / Gucci / Dolce etc, aren't exactly Italian, even though theoretically they should be... You can get them from Saks and they'll still be made in Turkey or similar... It's not until you get to some of the brands mentioned above that it's an actual designer suit...

Same thing happens with men's dress shoes... Lower end Bruno's or Ferragamo's - probably assembled in a sweat shop... They just slap the name on them and charge a premium... It's not until you get to the high end stuff where they are what they should be... It's just a racket for the most part...
A lot of truth in that post.

Fortunately for me, I don't have the eye to discern the difference of a $5000 Tom Ford suit versus a $1500 off the rack Hugo Boss suit.

(Especially if Tom Ford is wearing it! Will get lost in his dreamy eyes)

Wearing it? Probably would be able to tell the difference in texture and fabric quality by comparing one immediately after the other.

Other than that... soft is soft...

I do appreciate a designer who makes subtle "trademark" designs in their fashion.

Years ago, I remember Marc Jacobs would use amazing buttons. The pieces themselves looked very common. But when you saw the button, you knew it was an MJ piece. I would pay money for that attention to detail.

Like this designer - subtle details that tell a lot

Yeah I wear Vans dress shoes. They're really just Vans lol