View Single Post
      01-18-2017, 03:06 AM   #47
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
I have tailored suits and few designer suits (un-altered) and cheaper tailored suit (usually around $600~700) always fit me the best with materials that is comparable to $1200~1300 designer suit. But lately, I've tried 2 two Theory suits from Century 21 and had them altered and now that fits me very good, almost as if it was tailored, and the fabric is much better than what I got from tailor shop. I spent $500 (marked down from $1,300) for the suit and paid $100 each for alteration. I don't think I can find any better suit for the money in terms of fitting and fabric quality.
Theory makes so great slacks and some other articles of clothing, but their suits always left a little to be desired... Something with the arms where they never quite seem to do right... It has to be the material...

As for designer suits - $1300 price range IMO, is mostly just markups and paying more for a cheap suit because of name brand... Someone mentioned Hugo Boss and that's a crap shoot... You've got Hugo, Hugo Boss, green, orange, red, black label etc... I liken it to comparing a 320, 330, 340 and a M3... Even the low end their price points are way too high... To me, Kiton, Brioni, Tom Ford - those are designer suits... Even Prada / Gucci / Dolce etc, aren't exactly Italian, even though theoretically they should be... You can get them from Saks and they'll still be made in Turkey or similar... It's not until you get to some of the brands mentioned above that it's an actual designer suit...

Same thing happens with men's dress shoes... Lower end Bruno's or Ferragamo's - probably assembled in a sweat shop... They just slap the name on them and charge a premium... It's not until you get to the high end stuff where they are what they should be... It's just a racket for the most part...
Appreciate 1