04-13-2022, 09:00 AM   #172
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitBobby View Post
Respectfully disagreeing here. I know the media got this car real hyped right now. But let's be honest with ourselves, this car will be no faster than a STI, EvoX, CTR, Golf R or any of those cars that have been on the market for quite some time now. There's nothing groundbreaking in what will be offered here. AWD economy car with souped up little motor

I know it's a Toyota product and it will be reliable. We all know that. But people these days (especially the people on here) don't keep their cars long enough to see it go past 100k miles. Most get bored and trade it in before they probably even reach 40-50k miles. I'm guilty of this myself lately.

I mean it's a cool car and all, and I think it's one of the better looking hot hatches. But the media coverage is really playing up a car that is recycling a very old formula.
Can you explain to me what modern ICE car today isn't based on a recycled old formula whether it be FWD, RWD, or AWD? Yes it's an old formula but the EVO and STI no longer exist and the CTR is FWD so the Golf R is really all that's left and it's more of a refined FWD biased car that has mixed reviews. The media is playing it up because; A) It's a sporty car that's actually made by Toyota and B) It's a modern take on EVO's and STI's of the past.
Appreciate 2