View Single Post
      04-06-2022, 08:32 PM   #159
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
I agree with most of what you're saying, so I think we are on the same page here. It is annoying that almost any car you're looking at in any price bracket requires you to fellate multiple salesman for the privilege of giving them your money. You've taken what was stereotyped as a shady job, and added such a massive consumer demand, that many dealers are trying to price gouge every customer on every car. I do understand this to a certain extent since this is a market economy, but it is perpetuating many of the negative stereotypes that have been synonymous with the "sleezy" car salesman job. Case in point, I was talking to a salesman about a Z3m that was getting PPI'd before sale. Guy rarely replied to my messages, blew me off repeatedly, didn't give me the information I requested, and ghosted me after a few days. It felt like I was messaging someone on Tinder.

Back to the Corolla, I do think that this is a special car, much more special than a RS3 or STI (no offense) and once the hype dies down a bit, it should be available at MSRP. Yes this will never be a car you can walk down to the local Toyota dealership and pick up on a weekend, and will require you to do a little leg work in order to purchase at a good price. With the car being built in Japan on the same factory and production line (i could be mistaken about the production line) as the LFA, this is a rare modern Japanese built sports car with a lot of the same R&D that makes the GR Yaris special. I can't say too much more, bc reviews aren't out and I haven't driven it, but I do have high hopes for this car. And as mentioned above, I had a pretty easy time getting a deposit on the car at MSRP. Hopefully the car won't suck ass, lol.
Corolla over RS3? lol

What's the GR expected to cost, around $30k before options? Meh, maybe a possible new daily for the lady when it's time to shop for her, but it's not for me at $30k
Appreciate 0