Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple VANOS View Post
Interesting not one comment about this being small and "tossable" like so many people seem to desire. The AWD system's 30:70 power split capability sounds fun. Is badge whore-ism impacting popularity here?
I'd be all over this if I didn't just buy an STI 1 year ago and spend a bunch of money to get it to 400 whp. I still like my STI better, but I have no doubt the Corolla will be a better car to drive.

What bugs me the most is reading the interview where they plan to limit production to 1 less than demand. On a Corolla? That's just so anti-Toyota and pisses me off. This isn't a Ferrari, and you're going to artificially cap production so that the perception is that they're in high demand? In the last AWD manual ICE hatch final sendoff? F*** off Toyota. Build as many as the factory can make and people will buy. I'm not going to be hunting down dealers for an allocation or enter into a bunch of bidding wars for the privilege to own a Corolla.

If I change cars again, I'll just get an RS3 from my preferred dealership down the street and pay a little more than one of these marked up Corollas with none of the hassle. And I'll end up with a much better car.
I don't understand the stereotyping based on nomenclature.

If they called the car a GR 300 instead of a Corolla, you'd be cool with it being a limited production model. But the fact that it's badged as a Corolla there should be a ton available for whoever wants them bc Corollas are cheap, readily available cars?

Furthermore, it's somehow ok for Porsche or Ferrari to artificially inflate and deflate production numbers or create a demand and have $50 to $100k markups ? Lol.

F that.

I've been on the other side of this esp with Porsche, where you need to give a handjob to everyone at a dealership to maybe get a chance to be on the waitlist to the waitlist to the allocation list.

It's a unique car, call it whatever you want, and like every unique car, it'll be a little bit of a hassle to get one. But I agree that if it becomes a huge PITA to purchase, buyers will have to balance how much crap they'll put up with until they just walk away. Personally, I spent 20 minutes calling some dealers, and got on a list for a car at MSRP. Wasn't a big deal at all.
Appreciate 0