02-27-2017, 03:13 PM   #1281
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
i've got a thin very concealable fanny pack, i've used it for the gym, and running/cycling, mostly to avoid leaving a gun unattended in my car or a locker. The pack is pretty comfy, but not for every day
I'm the same way now.

I used to leave a gun in my car and carry one in my briefcase since one of the two was always where ever i was. Except.... my briefcase was in my office when i was: at lunch, on an appointment, in a meeting, in another office, in the restroom, etc.... My car was never in the same room as i was, vulnerable to theft much of the day. All it took was leaving my pistol in my car when dropping it off at BMW for service to realize what a bone head move keeping it in the car is.

Ever since then, i'm strongly against carrying when it's not on your person. If you're wearing the fancy pack, no issue, but my friend NEVER had the pack attached to him. He'd place it on the front passenger seat of his car, stop at a convince store to get a drink while leaving his windows down. Leave it on the floor at the gym when he went to the bathroom or super setting, etc... Too many opportunities for one to inadvertently introduce another gun to the criminal element who can't legally buy one.

I'm now the same way with a home safe. I used to just have a pile of weapons in the corner of the bedroom, under the bed, in the closet, etc... Now it's all locked tight and bolted to the floor.

Just a fan of responsible gun ownership after some realizations.