05-26-2015, 03:40 AM   #30
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Well, that depends on where and to whom one attempts to sell it. Like most high quality personal effects one might buy with one's disposable income, they are made to last for the original buyer more so than they are made to be sold. If the depreciation on them bothers you, my suggestion is that you rent one for however long you want to wear it rather than buy it outright. By renting, you won't suffer whatever be the ill effects of the item's depreciating over time.

All the best.

P.S.
Why is it that people want to apply the concept of depreciation to things that are clearly expense items and not depreciable assets? (http://financial-dictionary.thefreed...reciable+Asset)
Thanks but the concept of renting a watch is very new to me. I never knew you could do that but in general, i'm very against renting ie lease cars or house rental. I'd rather be more picky with my purchases and minimize my loses by buying used or choosing not to get it at all if depreciation is extreme.

I'm new to this watch game so bare with me. I really like the Lebrons but it seems that i love cars a lot more than I do with what's on a wrist. At the end, I don't think I'm a watch wearer or will I ever in the future regardless of the cost/value of the watch. Just don't like accessories on my body ie rings, watches, necklaces, earrings etc. I'm married and I rarely even wear my wedding ring but these two weeks researching/learning about watches have given me a more rounded idea of what timepieces are all about.