09-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #7832
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Are those the Sony XBR-65A8H model?

I found my 14 year old plasma dead upon arrival home from vacation. Need a new TV all set up before next Saturday for football. I’ve done only limited research and won’t have time to do much more.
Yes, they are. I have to say they have the best picture I have seen - I even replaced a 4 year old Samsung 65" 4K and the OLED tech is far superior, so it isn't just resolution. If you research any OLED TV, you will commonly see the term "inky blacks". But once you see this in person, you will then know how amazing this is.

It also has built-in Apple airplay, so you can natively cast from your iPhone or iPad to the TV. Another great feature is they pass through all sound formats, which is good if you go with the latest soundbar tech. Lastly, although I don't use the TV's speaker (I got a soundbar), they are surprisingly decent as it uses the entire screen itself to transmit sound. We love them.

One caveat - if this is going into a room with bright lighting (lots of windows) these screens do reflect quite a bit.

Last edited by BMWGUYinCO; 09-14-2020 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410981.00