View Single Post
      07-10-2020, 01:56 PM   #17
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
You guys crack me up with the whining about Alonso.

He's a proven talented driver that gets the most out of whatever he drives. He brings technical skills to the team. AND he has PR/marketing skills.

From a team perspective, it's a no brainer.

2022 has rules changes, so pretty much anyone can come out with a good car. And that's when we will hopefully see racing.

Or do you guys have experience that would indicate differently?
after successful Renault days, Alonso brought wired environment wherever he went.. i agree he is talented driver but stories with drivers dont end up only with talent.. he had some big big ego problems in the past and im not sure he got rid of it now.. and after the scene i ve added Alonso became a pathetic champ to me.. in my opinion he never was a team player.. we ve seen it many times..

this dialog showed me how problematic character he had become.. i disgusted Alonso after this dialog.. he was a like person looking down to anyone and anything.. maybe he is a different person now will see even if i really dont think so.. there is an interview he s already wearing Renault tshirts today.. i only see this as Cyril Abiteboul's last attempt for leading the team.. he is having problems leading the team to success in my opinion.. and money never was a problem for Renault.. and he went for such a choice with hopes of improving the car and deep inside to say: see i even brought back our last champion and didnt work as well.. dont fire me.. move..