03-03-2020, 10:23 PM   #131
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC F97 View Post
I currently work for an investment bank in New York City. Been on Wall Street for 20 years. Last 9 have been at my current bank.
Perks are good. I work from home when I want...workload isn’t terrible. Can come and go as I please. Pay is good....bonuses average anywhere between 20-30%. So in that area I cannot complain

Abt 5 years ago my boss brought on a new person into the group. I questioned the move as this person had no experience (internal transfer) but was assured they fit the bill as It was a junior role and we could get them trained. I tried my best to train this person...and I feel I did a good job. It was during that time that I knew this person was better suited for a “widget punching” type of role. Our group is more analytical and requires critical thinking. I expressed my concerns at the 1 year mark. I was told to keep at it and things were fine. This person is a good brown noser.... and is the office socialite. More concerned about making friends than learning their job.
It got to the point where I was doing my job and theirs... always having to explain the same shit day in and day out. Pointing out errors...and trying to educate them. They were more concerned about texting their friends. You see where this is going.
I grew increasingly frustrated and withdrawn to the point where it impacted my relationship with my manager. I would bring it up in convo and was met with “well at this point they just aren’t gonna Get it....but what do u want me to do....”
so this is what have to deal with. The perks are great....I get a lot of work life balance... but dang it’s stressful having to deal with a dimwit.....
Worked with a guy like that before. He was a member in our group. Big talk but can’t back it up and was terrible at his job. He ended up getting fired a year or so after I left (might have been 6 months). Things will catch up sooner or later.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00