View Single Post
      03-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #129
Gesler
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Haha! This will feel minor once you experience the real bullying after you start practicing (patients, bosses, hospitals, referring MDs and if you have the misfortune of getting sued, lawyers). Not sure what program you are currently in. One of the programs I was at was very malignant but was/is the best to learn procedural skills in that field. Curiously, in practice, I have found I learnt the most useful stuff from the guy who was the most malignant to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
What's weird is how the hospital where I did my medical school was so different. It was one of the largest hospitals in the country and there was a lot of accountability.

But the work culture here is a shock for me. I don't understand how one can blatantly yell at Residents and call them names. It's 2nd grade playground behavior and everybody just puts up with it. If you give any sass back you'll get labeled the bad guy.

I think I'm just getting hit by the reality stick. Shits definitely worse in corporate America. At least after Residency nobody can really bully you, besides insurance companies and politicians.
Appreciate 0