View Single Post
      11-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #289
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I don't know that acknowledging your mistake is as bad as some make it seem. In many cases, owning up to a mistake is valued.......even a tad refreshing, especially since people tend to object to, and deny, any wrongdoing much of the time. I think you handled it well.

With regards to the situation that you found yourself in, the officer definitely did you a solid by not citing/arresting you for reckless driving and towing/impounding your car. Having knowledge of the area and desolate nature of that road likely factored into his decision to send you away with a warning (...and advise to top it off at 100mph). Cool cop if you ask me.
Oh he was a good guy for sure. But technical correction there - this was in km/h, not mph. So only like 24 mph over the limit...not quite as bad right?

What's the limit down in the States where usually police don't bother to move out and nab you if they are doing traffic enforcement? Up where I live, you are usually safe doing 12-15 mph (or 20-25 km/h) over the limit on the highways, and 9mph (15 km/h) elsewhere. Usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I'd say kick it or punch it. But I'm a girl, what do I know about driving.
Ahah, why this is quite simply amazing news! Before I left the forums, you started off in the denial stage, and worked your way to the "anger and bargaining" stage.

But somehow, during my little absence from the forums, it appears you quickly worked through the remaining stages, and have now reached the final stage "acceptance".

Wonderful news - kudos to you!

https://www.thrivetalk.com/7-stages-of-grief/
Appreciate 0