View Single Post
      02-14-2024, 10:44 AM   #98
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin76 View Post
So reached out to one of the 3 dealerships by me and they informed me that they have a 5 year wait for the M2….zoinks! They said they do not get many allocations and there are 6 people on the wait list. They also said that the $1000 deposit is not refundable.

Yeah, don’t think I will be buying a car from them. 5 years is crazy long. I am assuming the lack of allocations is due to the amount of cars they sell or the size of the dealership?
Smaller dealers will get fewer cars, but 5yrs is a stretch with only 6 people on the waiting list. FFS, the M2 will be out of production in 5yrs. I assume you were inquiring about an M2 and not the CS? Anyone can get an M2 at MSRP right now in weeks/months if you search and reach out to multiple dealers. If you're looking to get on a list for a CS, your best bet is to contact the larger dealerships that sell lots of M cars. You can Google for a list of the dealers with the most M sales in your region to find out which ones to contact.

It's never too early to try to get on a list, even if the car has not been officially announced yet by BMW. It's a sure thing, it's coming, don't be that guy that waits for 'official confirmation' and then misses the boat.
Appreciate 1