View Single Post
      10-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #220
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I control usage at our plant. I tell everyone that they are an adult, and I'm not going to monitor what they do as long as their manager doesn't request it. They know what they can and can't do.

The way I see it, as long as you get your job done.....then you're fine.

And honestly.....everyone uses the web for personal stuff....even the company president.

Some people just enjoy being dicks.
Management before didn't care as long as we got our work completed. When I started, I was told we could use the internet for whatever as long as it was in moderation and our job was done. Work first, then whatever. In the years that I have been here, I have no write-ups, no verbals, no points and not a single reprimand. I come in early and stay late almost daily. Now suddenly, my productivity and efficiency is being scrutinized.

The way I see things is that they pay me to get a job done. I have to be here for x amount of hours regardless of workload. Either provide me with work to be done or leave me alone about what I do during downtime. Either this or pay me a flat rate, without set hours and I will complete every task on-time, in-full.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8208.00