RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
NO ... criticism has been aimed mainly at the power delivery characteristic of the engine !!!

As I said before ... I bet an F8xM3/M4 with an slighly modified S65 with ~440hp and 430Nm would be minimum as fast as the same car with the S55 - but with much more emotional fun because of the engine characteristics.
I understand how individuals can like a certain engine and it characteristics. However, eventually reality has to sink in and all of the hypotheticals don't carry much weight. Everyone is entitled to "dream" and their own opinion. But if BMW doesn't provide that "perfect engine" anymore, simply move on. A lot of the posts about the new M3/M4, specifically what is not right or perfect with it, are just so repetitive. It doesn't seem like the best use of time. I bought a new 2012 E92 M3 and sold it for my M4. I liked my 2011 S4 with its supercharged engine, and I like the V8 (with more torque) in my 2011 Cayenne S. The last normally aspirated engine I really enjoyed was at a track event in a Audi R8 V10 plus. That was a robust engine and didn't feel week anywhere in the rev range regardless of what gear it was in. So hypothetically, stick that engine in the new M3/M4, but give it KERS and a flux capacitor.
Appreciate 0