View Single Post
      06-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #38
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
I have a problem with texting and driving, but I don't see anything wrong with at a stop light, plus I got falsely accused of texting/driving (and even pissed off a few forum members by stretching the truth and trolling a bit ... ), but fought the ticket by using the Merriam-Webster's dictionary of driving, so texting at a stop light isn't illegal in California, "4.B. to operate the mechanism and controls and direct the course of (as a vehicle)" is, plus just about anything you do short of releasing the brakes or putting the car in motion won't affect anybody... What is a car in good repair going to do, decide to turn autonomous and strike a pedestrian just because the car felt like being a troll/jackass? The biker brought the heat on to himself, but how the E93 driver reacted was indeed unreasonable...

...That is, if he actually didn't brake-check or try to further instigate the other dude; I've fallen off a motorcycle 5 years ago and my upper left shoulder region still gives me problems to this day, so I don't see how trolling a "cager" with 4 wheels solidly on the pavement helps anything, when you're balancing a 2-wheeled machine that can tip over on just about anything. On one hand, I'm sorry that it happened, but if you're spinning the story to make BMWs look bad or fishing for sympathy at the expense of your own well-being while riding like a jackass to incite an accident, then that's on you. I mean, disregard my entire post if he was genuinely riding perfect and the E93 decided to instigate something out of the clear blue sky, but his riding pattern doesn't seem like it at all.
::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 06-03-2015 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: Added details about CA texting/driving laws
Appreciate 0