03-17-2018, 06:23 AM   #11
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
The JB+ 100% gives you the 'oomph'. That is perhaps the best way to describe it - the mid-range punch is on a different level now. As std, the 540i has been tuned to be extremely linear, to the point that there is no sudden surge in power that we expect from a turbo car and it almost feels NA at times. The JB+ changes that and makes it feel like you are driving a turbo car in the mid range. That's what I like most about it.

I have std M Sport suspension on my G30, and I had adaptive dampers on my previous F10. The G30 std suspension is so much more comfortable than the F10's std suspension that I didn't feel adaptive was needed on this car. With my F10 I ended up lowering it on ACS springs because I didn't like the increased ride height.

In fact, with the G30 I felt that the handling on adaptive was actually too soft and not as sporty as std M sport suspension and as the std suspension was comfortable enough, I felt no reason to sacrifice that sportiness and go adaptive on this occasion.
Thank you thank you. So I will say I can drive fast over smaller wide speed bumps with my adaptive m right now, do u think I’ll be able to do that with the m suspension? Going in today to order my car n if they can do a very aggressive price as I’ve seen others get I’ll be ordering a 540 M Sport with Med Blue, cognac interior with matte cove, executive tier here in US (icon lights, full digital dash, soft close doors, parking assist +, 360 cam, HK, Contour Seats, M Brakes, Active Integral Steering.. which some say you don’t need but parking and turning are a big concern for me n it’s a bigger car than I used to. Hope I have luck n convince them to give this car at factory cost lol. The m550 really helped make the lower variants more easily to discount it seems, hope that is even more so now that the m5 I’d out.

Let me know about the speeding over small bumps n if you think I should option anything else
Appreciate 0