r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasukneil View Post
Hi guys

I have been testing a RaceChip (www.racechip.co.uk) on my G31 540i since Friday, and have a couple of questions.
Although there is a noticeable difference in EcoPro and Comfort, in Sport it only seems to make a slight difference; to the point that I am considering returning it under the 14-day money back guarantee.
I am running the GTS Black with the app switched to “Race”, having only played with “Efficiency” and “Sport” for a brief period.
I’d be grateful if someone can answer a couple of questions before I send it back needlessly:
The hp display on the sports dials only ever gets to 340hp, in series or with the chip set in any setting. The advertised gain is +54 hp, so am wondering if the displayed figure is generated by the ecu before the chip kicks in? It’s the same for the Nm figure, no change. Has anyone with RaceChip noticed this?
I am using standard unleaded fuel (95RON I think, usually Sainsbury’s) and not “Super” unleaded (97RON I think). Will this make much of a difference?
Is it okay, or correct procedure, to change between the settings using the app whilst driving? There is no guidance on the website, only to turn the engine off before changing the settings on the chip itself.

Thought I’d try here for the answers first to get users firsthand experience...

Cheers
I have had RaceChip Ultimate for over 6 months and loved it.
Don't think that my feedback is biased since I am an authorized reseller for RaceChip.
I have used other brands and installed to customers car, all I can say, some are better, some are not.
But, RaceChip itself, its power delivery is smoother than some other brand.
Quality of the products is not questionable for sure, like some other overpriced brand.

And I just recently received the new RaceChip GTS Black with App and had it on the car for a few days.
I play with it a little bit, and decided the Race setting is what I like. It is aggressive on low end and top end.

I don't know how you didn't feel it, my guess, you didn't have it on the Race setting long enough for the chip and engine to adapt fully.

As far as the sport dials, it won't change to a higher number since RaceChip doesn't alter the ECU itself.

The other cheaper brand may give you a good butt dyno feedback, that's because the way it is designed is a very simple.
When I had it on my F15 X5 35i, at first I thought it was normal, but during a sudden open throttle, it felt jerky.
And, I noticed that the car was running rich and very poor mpg, that's when I realize that it kept on resetting the ECU to clear the CEL. With that said, the engine never run fully optimized since the ECU never in the ready state.

You can go to F15/F16 X5/X6 or F85/F86 X5M/X6M forum to ask. I have been active in that community before, since I had F15 X5.
And now, I am also active in the G30 forum since I am currently have G30 540i.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0