10-29-2020, 06:33 AM   #54
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
That makes sense. I'm just so accustomed to back/bi's | chest/tri's | legs that with the longer wait time, my gym session today was 2 hours. Which is how I always used to workout in my early 20's with extra time.

Guess I'm going to need to start going more and doing 1 body part. I just really prefer the split routines push/pull.

BTW, I broke 200 lbs today. It's funny I don't think I look any bigger, but the weight is definitely going on now. I'm also kind impressed how much more weight I can lift lowering the reps.
Nice man! That is solid progress, fairly quickly as well. The only days I focus on solely one muscle is chest day and leg day. I hit legs twice a week in order to ensure my upper body is rested enough.

Typical split:
-Back/triceps
-Shoulders/biceps
-Legs
-Chest
-Arms
-Legs
-Repeat

I'm a big fan of super sets, even if I am working a single muscle group. For instance, lifted chest this morning - first super set was incline bench press followed by Svend Presses. So essentially a routine press followed by something to pump blood into my chest. Do very similar super sets with leg day, like squats super setted with sissy squats, again routine press and something to pump blood.
Appreciate 0