View Single Post
      08-27-2020, 06:21 AM   #55
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Everyone has made a ton of great suggestions. I can chime in here on something that truly stuck with me a long time ago after a ton of research which is the 90/10 rule. 90% of your entire weight loss goal is related to food and only 10% is related to the workout portion. This has a lot to do with why people start working out and don’t lose weight so they quit. Well that’s only 10% of it, it is mostly related to what you eat. I am 5’7 and about 115 lbs. I know I know that’s crazy, I am a competitive runner and average about 60-75 miles of running a. Week.

I will tell you though just because I run a lot, I could eat almost anything I wanted but I don’t. Food is your performance and energy, so I try to always keep it on point.

Something for you I would watch is all the animal products. I’m not saying all animal products are bad as I eat them too but I eat them in moderation. Meat is always my smallest weighted item on my plate while vegetable, fruits and REAL grains and beans out weigh everything. These are the vitamins and fuel you need. Too much animal products regardless of the cut of meat, type of meat etc is packed with lots of hidden salts and fats.

The advice is always give is to just eat clean, and I will say meat products, dairy and cheese are not exactly clean. Also look at the hidden calories you can find. A cheeseburger for example, sounds good sometimes. Did you know 1 Tablespoon of Mayo is 120 calories and the slice of cheese is another 120. Just taking those off makes it 250 calories less. Flavored coffee creamer....I see this one a lot, it has 50 calories in 1 Tablespoon. Crazy I know and I see people dump 8-10 TB os this stuff. So starting your day your coffee has more calories than your breakfast.

Just stay mentally strong, stay active to create that calorie deficit and you will succeed. And remember vegetables are basically free calories and energy at the same time.
Appreciate 0