View Single Post
      03-09-2022, 03:44 PM   #98
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Brady took less money for the team to acquire legitimate talent in other areas for the Pats to win and the Bucs. Again, don’t get me wrong here, I would love to have a QB of Rodgers stature on the Giants but Packer fans cannot praise the guy when he wins and look the other way when the Packers lose. Someone’s gotta take the blame so they cannot have it both ways.
Also have to consider the difference in team philosophies. Brady taking team friendly deals was part of their success, also BB finding castaways and paying minimum while getting maximum potential and sprinkling in free agents with the extra money.

GB has always been a draft and develop team - rightly or wrongly. Also generally do not resign top players when they are due to ‘get paid’ and usually do not make big, if any, splashes in free agency. This has been their philosophy and it has only been the last few years with Rodgers ‘crying’ about it (as reported by the media) that they have started to make more FA signings. Has the philosophy worked as a franchise? Sure they win lots of games and usually make he playoff year over year. Is that enough success, well as a fan I’d love to see them win more SBs, but it’s not easy to have the continued success and win the SB every year.

Trust me I’ll call a spade a spade, I’m surprised I didn’t break more stuff watching Favre play…loved the player, but man, killed you watching with him throwing so many interceptions.
Appreciate 0