Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 M240i, Estoril Blue

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
... I'm curious as to why it wasn't a good fit. Too much $/worry compared to the bimmer? Getting heckled by the cops or stink-eyed by haters at the grocery store?
My post yesterday was probably an impatient reaction to the process of acclimating to such an alien-seeming vehicle. Today's outing was lots more fun. My mood swings about the car and ownership have been all over the map.

At times, this car can seem archaic, complicated, and confusing. Plus, you make a good point about the stress of $/value, and WhyTF do I need a car like this to worry about at every moment?

The T is indisputably excellent, with just minor niggles that don't amount to much. But as I said before, even though the P-car is "better", I doubt that it'll ever hold the place in my heart that the BMW did. Falling in 'car love' is more complicated than a list of stats and performance comparisons.

We'll have to wait and see whether I can adapt to Porsche's quirks, and to relax and simply enjoy it regardless of the unsettling price of admission.

'19 MX-5 Miata GT-S soft top
Past BMWs: two '57 Isetta 300s, '70 1600, '72 Bavaria, '78 320i, '18 M240i
Appreciate 1
CP911986.50