03-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #70
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I told ya you can't daily it, it's a second car.
I disagree. I used to daily my 997.1 to work every day, grocery shopping, etc. It was fabulous. Once I had kids, totally different ball game. Even a sedan won't cut it now. I need rear doors and a hatch or else things get too stressful/annoying when running errands or traveling.

It helped that my 911 was used and very affordable, however. I admit I wouldn't want to daily drive a brand new 911. Not because it's not capable, but I'm too financially conscious to depreciate a car that expensive that quickly.

Steven - I'm a bit shocked to hear it's not working out for you! My comments before were purely about the cost/fun ratio. Sure, I think the appeal of a Carrera T is that you can get it with buckets and have a pseudo-GT3 experience for Carrera money, but even with sofas, it would make for one hell of a DD. I like your shoe analogy, but I'm curious as to why it wasn't a good fit. Too much $/worry compared to the bimmer? Getting heckled by the cops or stink-eyed by haters at the grocery store? Lifted pick-up truck drivers trying to kill you? All are valid reasons, but just curious more than anything.