Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211 View Post
I'm really bummed.

I noticed yesterday that my JLC master geographic is missing from my apartment. I stored my watches together in a watch winder--but the other watches (a Rolex date just and a omega seamaster. )

What is strange is that not only is my watch gone, but my box for the watch, stored elsewhere in a closet, is also missing. I just can't figure out why.

I have a nanny every day in the home and maintenance workers come in periodically.

I figure next step is to file a police report. And then claim on insurance.

I don't have a specific insurance but do have renters insurance that will cover $1500.

What watch would you suggest in a <$10,000 range? I am tempted to get the watch again because I liked it before but also am thinking maybe another brand. Iwc? Vacheron? Looking for something dressy-white face, with a leather band.
You've got a watch box with JLC, Rolex, and Omega on-hand in an apartment with at least one standard visitor and a handful of others and presumably a landlord with the ability to enter at any time....

May I suggest investing first and foremost in a basic safe? Protect from fire, flood (which can be sprinkler systems), and of course theft.

Assuming you have no large items to store, a really good basic safe for these things can be $500. It's an investment for life though, so I recommend not cheaping out on it and also go with a mechanical lock. This is a high-end model, but what I'm picturing - you also put a few bolts through it into the wall or floor ideally. http://www.deansafe.com/amc-blb2018.html#description2
Trust me. I was thinking about a safe for a while. Just one of those things we talk about and procrastinated. Considering my wife's possessions and important paperwork, it would be worth having.

Thanks for the tip.

08 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #2--Sold
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #1--Sold
Appreciate 0