12-01-2017, 03:34 PM   #22
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I was in Boulder last weekend and demoed the 5.5 and the new 5LR (Lunch Ride) The 5LR is the SB5 with SB6 suspension components. So it's a touch more slack and has 10mm more travel in the fork. I spent more time on the 5.5 which was great. Had no problem pedaling it up hill. But once i started pedaling the 5LR.... damn. That bike seems perfect for what i want. Climbs great, playful, flickable, light weight, (27lb stock) but when i take it to Pisgah and DuPont it's got very capable suspension to soak up the rough stuff.

Also made it by Yeti HQ for a quick tour of the new showroom and facility. Even got to see the employee's SB5 LR prototype tinker bikes. Good times!

The trails out back of Yeti HQ are fairly steep requiring a capable climber but rather rowdy requiring plush and capable suspension. The techs prefer to climb on the SB5 but descend on the SB6. Boom! New model born for 2018.
That's awesome to hear, man! I had no idea of the "LR" model. Either way, it sounds like you've got a solid foundation for the perfect build on your next steed! The SB6 for our terrain is great, and my local Ski Resort (Red Mountain) is planning on bringing back summer bike lifts!!!!! Which means total fun, all day long and can pedal home. I will also be hitting the Whistler bike park this coming season, as well as Silverstar, all on the SB6. I will now be selling my Kona Operator Carbon DH rig to make some available funds for upcoming track mods on my car, lol, priorities!

D