View Single Post
      06-18-2019, 04:04 PM   #10
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

When I was single I knew to the penny; since I’ve been remarried I am pretty clueless.

There are lots of ways to eat:
Eating cheap means stuff like peanut butter and ramen, fewer pre-packaged items (head of lettuce instead of bag of shredded greens), buying on sale, coupons, etc.
Eating for enjoyment means steak, cheese, wine, bourbon, and other goodies, even some desserts. Can get expensive, so eating out becomes a good option, especially if single (consider how much gets thrown out when you buy ingredients for a good meal).
Eating well can mean better quality ingredients, more variety, a good diet (like the Mediterranean diet, not a fad diet) and this can cost more because of the quality of the ingredients
Eating expensive includes eating out a lot, which somewhat surprisingly includes fast food (especially breakfast), Starbucks every morning on the way to work, etc.

I eat out a lot because of work meals, and in winter because my wife hates the smell of fish being cooked inside (she is vegetarian), so I usually only grille it in season (and beef). Sometimes I’ll stop at the Waffle House and have bacon and eggs just so there is no mess or aroma in the house. I could eat both better and cheaper, but I’m not working toward immortality.
Appreciate 0