View Single Post
      05-04-2021, 03:29 PM   #26
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
I'm sure Rodgers had "input" in getting McCarthy fired, but he got himself canned by not adapting his offense year after year. Probably was overdue to be replaced by 2 years or better. If it comes down to the GM or ANY player, get rid of the player. Can't have these guys running the teams like is happening in the NBA.
I don’t think it’s that simple, sure give your players input, but it doesn’t mean you actually have to take it or act on it. I mean I take input from my team at the office all the time, doesn’t mean I always use their feedback in my decisions - however it does make them feel like they have input and are always being heard.

Rodgers is a generational QB, he has skills that only a couple other QBs in the league have and/or have had for those that have retired. I would argue one of the most talented to ever play the position. One of the most accomplished? No that’s clearly Brady, but even Brady has admitted Rodgers has more talent than he does. QBs like this do not come along every year in the draft.

When you have a payer like that vs. a GM that you could easily replace today and get the same level of output...I would choose the player every time.
Appreciate 0