07-18-2021, 05:44 PM   #1252
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Question - how often do you change the air filter on the air intake for your central A/C? I have a service contract for my heat and A/C. They did the annual system check this week and told me I should change the filter every month. That seems a bit excessive to me. I just changed it in April maybe. I have baseboard heat so it’s not like I have forced air heat and it runs all year. The unit only runs in summer. I thought twice a season was more than adequate. I’m ready to change it now again as I will probably run A/C through September. Thoughts?
On one, we have a special filter that should only need changing once a year and I usually change it every 6-9 months. On the other, we use Filtrete filters and I check them every 6 weeks. In the summer when a/c is running nearly all the time, I usually need to change them around that 6-week mark. In the winter, I can go 2 mos. or longer. Depends on quality of filter, how much a/c runs, how much the dogs’ fur gets sucked up into it and where the intake is located (that second one is close to the floor).
cmyx6go15823.00