spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
Welllll then, where to start...

Despite being a multi-college town and the state capitol there's not much in the way of entertainment here compared to ATL, so be prepared. You aren't going to get top tier stuff here. Just sayin'...

Where to live is best planned by where your office is located. All four corners of town offer some great areas to live, and tho we don't have the hills we can match tree for tree so it won't be ugly unless you're really not trying. There are only a couple of major arteries into town, and although smaller in scale they can ruin a morning commute just like ATL.

If you're considering condo you're mostly looking downtown. We don't have what you'd consider a high rise anything here. Aside from downtown, anything within a few miles of campus is going to have students.

So, the question becomes do you want condo or house? What do you consider a fair commute time? And last, any thought about being a touch suburban? I'm just across the Leon county line to the south in the national forest, 6 acres and a 14 mile, 20-30 minute commute
Not worried about night life. We live in the thick of it here and a good night can be considered a bottle of wine on our balcony by ourselves. The consideration of a condo is we figure the best way to learn a city is to be immersed. With that said, I'm tempted by the stilts on Shell Point for the money at only 30 miles out. I have perpetually had a 45+ minute commute (currently live in the city and work in the burbs), so if I stick under an hour to get to the center of the city, I'll be fine.

Ultimately we are very flexible. We just want to be safe and not have to be stuck to college parties. We had intentions of buying acreage in North Georgia to build or get a lake house. But for a first time move to a new city, we'll rent and get a lay of the land. Just want to ensure we won't be getting into a crappy part of town on a 12 month lease and leave a bitter taste in our mouth.
Appreciate 0