View Single Post
      02-10-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Moving to Tallahassee?

Long story short, I've worked at the same company for seven years to achieve the title and pay I was after. Now that I'm there, the organization, structure, and strategy has changed to a toxic place to be. I'm in a good spot with company growth likely and the only personal growth is to become my boss, the managing director. So what do I want to do? Take a new job in a different field and start the process over.

The new job would put me and my wife in Tallahassee. Tons of potential with a fantastic company in a place I don't feel I've met terminal velocity with. It's on the table that I'll probably stick at this location for about two years and then move on to pretty much wherever I feel within the company. So we're looking for places to rent and finding massive variances in cost.

My question to you folks is where are some good spots to rent? We were thinking of getting a high rise condo, but it's crazy to see a great looking home at half the cost just a block away. What neighborhoods should we avoid? Basically we're just after something that will keep us away from Friday keggers with FSU and feeling safe, but not in the old folks home. Young couple that's looking for a good experience in a new place. Who knows, we may find that we like the area and stay with a mortgage. For the time being, we just hope to find a good neighborhood to not put a bad taste in our mouth with the move to a different state.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0