View Single Post
      06-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #3
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Xdrive will understeer more that RWD mostly because there is more weight up front. You can play around with camber and pressure to get a little better turn in but you may just have to adjust your driving style a little.

I find two things help. The first is late braking. Some people will stay on the brake as the turn in but that just moves the contact patch toward the sidewall. Brake hard only when the wheel is straight just before turning in.

Second, is making sure you are rolling into the gas as you are unwinding the wheel. Stomping on the gas mid corner with any amount of wheel in it does the same thing - it shifts the contact patch of the tire toward the sidewall.

If you get it right in our cars you get a lovely little neutral four wheel drift. Get it wrong and you will swing wide.

I am by no means a professional or hot shoe and you may already know these things I mentioned but it's worth repeating. I learned this at BMW Performance Driving center and from a couple of BMW driving instructors.

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0